Laramie Interfaith is a 501c3 nonprofit located in Laramie, Wyoming. We are looking to expand our services to the community by hiring a new case manager. This position will work directly with clients and the general public to provide crisis support, screen for program eligibility, provide case management, and serve as an advocate for the client and agency. For over thirty years, Interfaith has worked to provide essential services to the community through its food pantry and client services departments and related programs. Interfaith operates a food pantry, food rescue program, and serves as the Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP; known as USDA commodities) site for Albany County. Client services include financial assistance to prevent homelessness and ensure critical utilities are keep functioning, case management and self-sufficiency services, as well as a hub for federal homelessness programs. The organization plays host to over 100 active volunteers who collectively spend thousands of hours in support of the organization each year.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director and/or the Operations Manager, this position facilitates the effective and efficient operations of the agency. This position supports the development and implementation of Laramie Interfaith’s programs and impact within the community. Successful applicant will have practical knowledge of how small non-profits work, including agility with assignments, flexibility, desire to serve, and ability or willingness to learn fundraising.
1. Provides day-to-day support to Laramie Interfaith’s Nonprofit Strong program activities in alignment with the Mission, Vision, and strategic plan.
2. Performs an array of technical, training, research, planning, policy, program assessment, and administrative activities related to Laramie Interfaith’s programming.
3. Coordinates and collaborates with staff in program planning, development, implementation, analysis, and documentation of relevant program(s).
4. Coordinates and supports the planning of meetings, trainings, and events for programs.
5. Conducts and supports outreach efforts to build relationships with nonprofits, prospective funders, faith-based groups, and state government agencies who may be interested in collaborating with Laramie Interfaith’s initiatives.
6. Collects and analyzes data, communicates data to stakeholders, and assists with preparation of relevant reports.
7. Regularly reviews program area functions and operations, identifies areas needing change, and develops recommendations to improve programs or to address areas of concern.
8. Plans, facilitates, and represents Laramie Interfaith at meetings, conferences, trainings, and/or other events with nonprofit leaders, staff, and other stakeholders, including making remarks or presentations.
9. Collects, organizes, analyzes, and/or prepares materials in response to requests for program information and reports.
10. Contribute to the development of program policies, procedures, standards, and manuals in accordance with program goals and objectives.
11. Evaluates research findings relative to Laramie Interfaith’s mission and the Texas nonprofit sector.
12. Regularly reports progress on approved project work plans and budgets and contributes to the development of the budget and agency work plans.
13. Contributes to Laramie Interfaith’s thought leadership efforts by writing content for publications, newsletters, website, social media, and other online resources.
14. May work in to implement strategies that ensure the marketing of Nonprofit Strong programs and services reaches a broad and appropriate constituency.
15. May analyze legislation to develop recommendations for policy and programmatic issues relating to the implementation, improvement, and/or expansion of Laramie Interfaith’s Nonprofit Strong programs.
16. May train, lead, and/or prioritize the work of others.
17. May be assigned to cross-functional teams to support goals and initiatives.
18. Performs related work as assigned consistent with current duties and responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Supervision: This position may, at the discretion of the Executive Director, include the direct supervision of staffed AmeriCorp positions, UW graduate positions, or others as appropriate.
· Collaboration and relationship building abilities
· Familiarity with cloud-based CRMs and donation management software
· Working knowledge of non-profits and impact-driven missions
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Grant management
· Attention to details and deadlines
· Adaptability and flexibility
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Familiarity with fiscal rules, including federal spending rules, and GAAP
1. Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in the nonprofit sector, private philanthropy, or government is required; more than five years of relevant work experience is preferred.
2. Understanding and commitment to Laramie Interfaith’s mission and strategies and to all its programs and initiatives.
3. Understanding and commitment to Laramie Interfaith’s values.
4. Awareness of trends and best practices in the nonprofit sector is preferred.
5. Experience working with nonprofit organizations is preferred, including faith-based and other grassroots community organizations, and/or other social service sector organizations.
6. Must thrive in a work environment of significant growth, development, and change.
7. Willing to travel in Wyoming (not expected to exceed 10% of time).
8. Graduation from an accredited university with major coursework in a relevant field (equivalent work experience may be substituted for this requirement).