Laramie Interfaith is a 501c3 nonprofit located in Laramie, Wyoming. We are looking to expand our services to the community by hiring a new case manager. This position will work directly with clients and the general public to provide crisis support, screen for program eligibility, provide case management, and serve as an advocate for the client and agency. For over thirty years, Interfaith has worked to provide essential services to the community through its food pantry and client services departments and related programs. Interfaith operates a food pantry, food rescue program, and serves as the Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP; known as USDA commodities) site for Albany County. Client services include financial assistance to prevent homelessness and ensure critical utilities are keep functioning, case management and self-sufficiency services, as well as a hub for federal homelessness programs. The organization plays host to over 100 active volunteers who collectively spend thousands of hours in support of the organization each year.
Under the direction of the Executive Director or Operations Manager, the Client Services Case Manager interacts directly with individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Interviews clients, assesses their needs, makes referrals to other agencies, and recommends financial intervention when appropriate.
• Interview and assist people in crisis who seek financial assistance from Laramie Interfaith.
• Assists in food pantry operations, fundraisers, and other organizational sponsored events.
• Provide case management services including, client screening, scheduling, assessment, intervention planning, follow-up and reporting
• Protect confidentiality of all information provided by clients. Maintain records and documents in secure files.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with agency partners. Ensure that Laramie Interfaith has current information about other agencies that offer services and make referrals when appropriate
• Facilitate client-related education programs, such as financial literacy and nutrition education
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Fundamental understanding of case management concepts and practices and motivation interview techniques
• Fundamental understanding of office productivity software and database programs and data entry
• General understanding of equity and equality work, causes of poverty and scarcity-mindset
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of case management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and agency partners, and an interest in and commitment to assisting low-income individuals in achieving self-sufficiency.
• General understanding of micro and macro social services work
• Spanish language skills highly desired
PT (Hours to be determined with Candidate, generally 30/wk)
$16-$/20 per hour
Please email cover letter, resume, and list of three references in one file to Josh@laramieinterfaith.org by July 14th for full consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note we are not able to open Google file links or other cloud links for security purposes.Email to apply